Some people shiver only mentioning the word “Hotels in Costa Smeralda” thinking about astronomical prices, others smile because they know that Costa Smeralda hotels are among the best that can be found in Sardinia (and if you are one of these lucky people, have fun!).
If you are not, don’t worry, there is a solution for every budget keep reading as I guide you to
Note: I’m working on the layout of the post but the info is correct, enjoy it! 🙂
The best hotels in Costa Smeralda
Divided by :
- Place (Porto Cervo, Porto Rotondo, San Pantaleo Hotels, etc)
- Price Range (From The most luxurious and expensive all-inclusive ones to the cheaper options)
- Hotel Type (full board, half board, boutique, Hotels on the beach and more)
So, if you are planning your Sardinia Holidays and you’ve chosen the lovely Costa Smeralda, it’s definitely a great choice!
Costa Smeralda and the “Sardinian Vibe: A word from a Local.
I’m a local Sardinia and sometimes we tend to nor consider this area as part of Sardinia.
It has lost the real Sardinian vibe (traditional and cultural) BUT … I honestly still love to visit for several reasons, you can understand why by reading my other article about it:
More Useful Blog Posts About Costa Smeralda:
So staying in Costa Smeralda doesn’t mean you can’t see the real Sardinia while enjoying its marvelous beaches, Hotels, restaurants and much more!
Finding the right accommodation is a very important step while planning your vacation to Sardinia, that’s why I created this useful article for you:
A complete list of the best hotels in Costa Smeralda for every budget! So that you can start your holidays on the right foot and in the perfect location for your needs.
COSTA SMERALDA HOTELS ON THE BEACH
HOTELS IN PORTO CERVO
Let’s kick off this list by the famous Porto Cervo. Prices here will be a little higher compared to the other cities and villages of Costa Smeralda, but it’s worth staying here if you want to shop at La Piazzetta (link) or enjoy the posh environment, restaurants, and clubs. Below a list of the best Porto Cervo Hotels by category:
The Most Luxurious Hotels & Resort In Porto Cervo
Porto Cervo Best Half-Board Hotels
Relatively Cheap Hotels In Porto Cervo
Why You Should Book Your Hotel In Porto Cervo:
- I’d recommend you book one of these hotels in Costa Smeralda because you will be right in the most luxurious, enjoyable and full of amenities village in the area.
- If you don’t mind spending an extra 50/80 euros a day on your total budget to get the best of the best Costa Smeralda has to offer in terms of comfort and beauty.
PORTO ROTONDO HOTELS
Many people ask me where the best hotels in Costa Smeralda are, and you can find some true gems also in Porto Rotondo. This small lovely village everyone talks about is also home to many attractions, but compared to Porto Cervo offers a calmer environment than Porto Cervo, but still gorgeous views.
Beachfront Hotels In Porto Rotondo – Costa Smeralda
Costa Smeralda most authentic Hotels In Porto Rotondo
Cheap Hotels Options in Porto Rotondo
Why staying in Porto Rotondo is recommendable:
- Anyone willing to discover an alternative and more chilled out version to the glamorous Porto Cervo. Don’t worry, you’ll see just as many Ferrari and Yacht as in its big brother city!
- If you want to relax and sit admiring the Marina for hours while time passes, or take a romantic stroll in the narrow alleys.
HOTELS IN CANNIGIONE – COSTA SMERALDA
Cannigione, located farther away (15-20 kilometers) from the main luxurious spots, is not only a village worth visiting but also a great option to look for hotels and accommodation for people who wants to visit The Costa Smeralda on a budget.
Originally a fishing village, it has now become one of the most touristic and nice spots of the Costa Smeralda in northern Sardinia.
Best apartments in Cannigione – Costa Smeralda
Perfect if you want a self-catering place to stay in Costa Smeralda, whether you’re with family and kids, as a couple or even by yourself
Cheap Hotels in Cannigione
Beachfront Hotels & Accommodation In Cannigione
Luxury Hotels & Resorts in Cannigione
Why staying in Cannigione is recommendable:
After showing you 10 of the best hotels, resorts, and villas in Cannigione/ Costa Smeralda, it’s time for me to tell you why it’s worth booking your accommodation here.
- If you want to go scuba diving, snorkeling or simply enjoy a day at the beach, without necessarily breaking the bank, then Cannigione is the place you want to be.
- If you like to wander around a nice Sardinian village, enjoying every moment of your vacation, shopping, eating, or even renting a boat, this place is perfect for you.
HOTELS IN ARZACHENA
At about half an hour away by car from the luxurious Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo villages, Arzachena offers a more authentic type of accommodation like some cute B&Bs, guest houses and overall cheap hotels.
The most authentic Hotels In Arzachena
Best Hotels In Arzachena – Costa Smeralda
Cheap Hotels/Accommodation In Arzachena
Why staying in Arzachena is a Good Choice:
If you’re not the type of person who needs to be at the beach the whole day sunbathing or snorkeling, Arzachena is probably one of the best options to find your perfect Hotel in Costa Smeralda.
Other than for the cheap accommodation options and a more authentic Sardinian vibe, below are some more excellent reasons why you should stay in Arzachena:
- If you want to visit one of Sardinia’s most beautiful churches, Stella Maris, see extremely interesting archaeological sites such as the Nuraghe of La Prisciona or get amazing shots from above the city at the Roccia Il Fungo.
- Feel some of the most authentic vibrations in Sardinia near the Costa Smeralda in some of the many local restaurants like “Il Fungo Bistrò” or “Ristorante La Terrazza”, ending your day at the ice cream shop “C’era Una Volta”. No need to add more, check it out for yourself, Arzachena is truly enchanting!
SAN PANTALEO HOTELS – COSTA SMERALDA
San Pantaleo village is located in a very strategic position. You can reach Arzachena in just 12 min by car, Porto Rotondo (22min by car), Porto Cervo (17min) and obviously all the marvelous Costa Smeralda beaches very easily.
Not only that but the village is lovely and offers nice Hotels for every budget.
Luxury Hotels In San Pantaleo
Cheap Hotels in San Pantaleo
The Best Apartments in San Pantaleo
Reasons why you should book your Hotel in San Pantaleo:
San Pantaleo is a little village in the Costa Smeralda area, slightly less known to tourists compared to Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo, and easily reachable by car. At a mere 25-minute drive from Olbia Costa Smeralda airport, you will find the most authentic taste of Sardinia here. I’d recommend staying in San Pantaleo if:
- You don’t mind renting a car and going for a ride. It is possible to get there with public transportation, but I’d recommend driving to reach the beaches and the core of Costa Smeralda. Book your car online here, making sure it’s at least a few weeks to a few months in advance to secure the best price and availability.
- If you’re into hiking, then San Pantaleo is the right place for you. Try the trails in Punta Cugnana easily reachable from the city center, to complete the path it takes approximately 3 hours (depending on your level of fitness).
For more hiking options, check out this comprehensive article I’ve written for you on the Best hiking in Sardinia with a lot more options all over the Island.
GOLFO ARANCI HOTELS – COSTA SMERALDA
I mentioned Golfo Aranci in my previous article on the best things to do in Costa Smeralda. A lovely village where you can find cheap hotels, therefore it couldn’t be left out of the list of the Best hotels in Costa Smeralda, right?!
Most authentic Hotels in Golfo Aranci
Hotels on the beach in Golfo Aranci – Costa Smeralda
Why You Should Book Your Hotel In Golfo Aranci
Golfo Aranci is a lovely village located only 18 kilometers from Olbia, 15 min by car and 40 min from Porto Cervo.
The route to get to Golfo Aranci from Olbia is a real treat, you’ll see some very spectacular views, for a ride you’ll never forget! I recommend staying here at least 48 hours to enjoy the fantastic views, the delicious seafood restaurants or “La Dolce Vita”, a recently opened shopping mall with many shops to suit everyone’s taste. If you’re into shopping, you’ll love it!
In this village, you’ll find some of the best and cheap hotels in Costa Smeralda and you’ll get the best value for your money. Other than that, I’d recommend staying here if:
- If you want to stay next to the sea without spending your entire budget in one night, as I said earlier, Golfo Aranci is a lot cheaper than Porto Rotondo and Porto Cervo.
- If you want to stay out of the overcrowded tourist spots, but still want to enjoy activities like scuba diving and dolphins spotting (not to be missed!)
COSTA SMERALDA BEST HOTELS IN GENERAL:
Costa Smeralda is a fantastic area in Sardinia and you surely would want to see as much as you can not only the touristic spots. For this reason, it’s sometimes better to sleep in less known villages to enjoy the authenticity of the place.
If you want just a relaxing and luxurious vacation then I obviously recommend you stay in Porto Cervo.
Depending on your budget, the accommodation types you choose is also important. Since the area is generally expensive, try to go for another type of property, such as:
Farm Stays in Costa Smeralda
Costa Smeralda Villas (sharing the expenses or having a unique experience)
Private apartments in Costa Smeralda (Villette)
Why You should book your hotel in Costa Smeralda
this article by explaining who Costa Smeralda is for!
- FOR EVERYONE! There’s so much to see for little ones, adults, families, party animals, chill holiday seekers, and others. Costa Smeralda has everything you can think of, and trust me, you won’t be disappointed a second.
- NOT ONLY FOR RICH PEOPLE. Although the area is not cheap, it can definitely be discovered by people on a smaller budget. You can find accommodations for as low as 60eur a night, and in one of the best hotels in Costa Smeralda not bad uh?
- TO CLEAR YOUR MIND INSTANTLY. Welcome to Paradise! Rent a car and explore the area, city by city, beach by beach, and pier by pier, while tasting the unique ambiance of the very famous Costa Smeralda.
Enjoy Costa Smeralda and its fabulous hotels! If you have any questions, leave a comment below!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Please reference our online safety tips for general tips and techniques you should keep in mind to protect yourself and your privacy online. Additional information is also available about identifying and reporting suspected Human Trafficking.
You are viewing cached results from https://www.keepcalmandtravel.com/costa-smeralda-hotels-sardinia-luxury-and-cheap/