With the borders around the world showing glimmers of hope of opening, many would-be travellers are looking for their first destination since the world stood still. Did you know that 18.1 million Brits chose Spain as their destination of choice in 2019? Since I have become an independent travel agent, it has allowed me to view travel patterns and places that are always of high interest. Spain is a big space. With a landmass of 505,990 km2, it is easy to just class the country as one entity. But are people getting the most out of Britain’s favourite destination? Do you know your Costa Del Sol from your Costa Blanca’s? Are you making the most of a wonderful country with so much to offer?
We are creatures of habit, that much is true. How many people say to you ‘I’ve been going to Spain for years’, yet they head to the same destination and even the same hotels. In this article I am going to share the different areas of holiday hot-spots around Spain and give you the insights to help you decide why, where and when to choose each destination!
- Destination Airport- Girona & Barcelona
- Flight Time From UK- Approx 2 hours
- Time Difference- GMT+1
July- August temperature peaks around 28oC
Spring & Autumn days are warm but expect some rain especially in October.
Tossa De Mar
- Great for history lovers
- Fantastic Beaches
- Lively vibe
- Surrounding pine forest & seafront castle
- Gentle sloping beaches
Lloret De Mar
- Buzzy Holiday Playground
- Lively Reputation
- By day- huge range of shops
- By night- Clubs, cocktails and casino along a neon- lit prominade
Pineda De Mar
- Perfect get away resort but lesser known part of Costa Barcelona
- An escape from usual mass tourist spots.
- Open air feel and family friendly destination
Just a 30 minute trip from Costa Brava by car or even an incredibly scenic train journey along the coast makes for very easy access to the Catalan capital. A city famous for its beauty, culture and impressive Sagrada Familia. The latter alone attracts over 2 million visitors per year. Las Ramblas is a must for any visitor to Barcelona. The tree-lined boulevard is a hub for eating drinking and shopping amongst tourists.
The city definitely warrants more than a day trip and has an abundance of options for accommodation. From hotels to hotels and guest houses, there is something for every budget. Be sure to catch the spectacular fountain show in the evenings at the Plaza Espana.
- Airport- Reus (REU)
- Flight time from UK- Approx 2 hours
- Time difference- GMT+1
July- August temperature ranges between mid 20’s to low 30’s. Sea breeze provides welcome cooling
Spring & Autumn 16-18oC highs.
- Here you will find Europe’s biggest theme park, PortAventura and Aquapolis water park making it a family favourite destination.
- Blue flag beaches and shallow waters are perfect for family beach trips.
- Huge range of restaurants and bars. Be sure to look out for fish of the day dishes usually caught right on the waters you’re sitting at.
- The nearby fishing village of Cambrils is worth a visit for Michelin restaurants and stylish hotels
- A must-visit destination for history enthusiasts.
- Be sure to take in the impressive historic Roman ruins.
- The capital of Costa Dorada is actually situated on a rocky hillside setting- a nice change of pace and view offering a more rustic side of the Spanish mainland
- Hosts gorgeous silver beaches and long parades of shops.
- La Pineda is livelier than the sleepy fishing village of Cambrils but not as loud as Salou.
- A peaceful getaway with options to visit livelier destinations sch as the Aquapolis and Barcelona is only a stone’s throw away for beautiful day trip options
- Day Trips to see the views of Montserrat- an amazing rock formation over 4,000 ft
- PortAventura is Europe’s biggest theme park and a must-visit for thrill-seekers.
- Visit Barcelona on either a day tour or night stay
- Head to Andorra. The principality is just a couple of hours drive and is a top ski destination and duty-free haven.
- Slower paced setting with seafood and traditional restaurants galore.
- There are plenty of beach options from large sand open beaches to secluded quiet coves
- Should you wish for a busier evening or night activities, Benidorm is just a 20 minute journey away
- This modern skylined destination has been a Brit favourite since the 1960’s
- Levante beach offers everything from wide sandy beaches, safe waters for swimming , water sports as well as a vast number of seafront bars and restaurants to choose from.
- This is the destination for nightlife and party culture as well as a vast mix of family friendly entertainment.
- Happy hour prices are available daily which add to the popular nightlife feel.
- Day out ventures such as Aqualandia water park are centrally located or head to Terra Mitica theme park for your white knuckle thrills.
- Having visited Benidorm over 12 different occasions, I can definitely vouch for this place.
- The city of Valencia is just 1 hour from each other the other destinations and is well worth a visit
- Valencia is the original home of Spain’s most famous dish, paella.
- Festivals and culture ooze from this city so it is definately worth looking up what may be on when your looking to visit.
- Valencia’s Gothic cathedral houses the chalice that is claimed to be the original holy grail and so is a hot spot for pilgrimages from all over the world.
- Airport- Malaga
- Flight time from the UK- Approx 2h 45
- Time Difference- GMT+1
- With 320 days of sunshine each year it is hard to go wrong here
- Summer months will settle around 30oC
- The other months will see temperatures between 17-22oC
- Generous beaches lively nightlife and restaurants galore are the theme here
- Lively Chiringuito beach bars
- Paragliding available at most beaches
- Shop at Calle San Miguel gift shops and boutiques or
- Head to the older district markets of El Calvario for bargain souvenirs.
- A sea Life centre, theme park and a buzzy family beach are highlights
- Take to the seas with jet ski and para-sailing activities available at the beach.
- Fancy a quieter option? Head to the marina and old town to explore.
- Fancy a louder option? The 24 hour square is the place for a 24 hour party scene.
- Desgner shops and gourmet restaurants are on the agender here.
- Not to mention a non-stop beach- over 5 miles to be precise, including the award winning Los Boliches Beach.
- Calle Capitan is home to over 50 British bars for that taste of home in the sun.
- Family friendly options such as the Castillo de Sohail or Fuengirola zoo are also options
- This famous and fast pace, action-packed hot-spot is one you with ALL be familiar with.
- Dubbed the Costa Del Sol’s Answer to Monaco
- Hang out with the celebrities in Puerto Banus- packed out with top-end bars and restaurants (with prices to go with it!)
- The Marina is a chance to see how the ‘other half’ live
- Fancy some local charm? Head to the cobbled streets lined with local restaurants and shops
So now you are hopefully a little more clued up on just a small section of what mainland Spain has to offer! Since I have become an independent travel agent, it has allowed me to swot up on even more top travel destinations which have been amplified by taking top partner courses to help build my knowledge further.
If you have any interest in visiting some of these fabulous destinations this summer, don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
I am your personal travel conciege who is there for you should you need anything no matter when you need me. Whats more I am backed by a leading travel company with all of the resources and technology to offer you the very best value travel.
I believe you deserve to be treated like a VIP when you travel and I have access to special offers from partners that you will not find or even know where to look for. In addition, I will keep track of your trip and keep you posted on vital information, updates and essentials in the run-up to your dream holiday.
Has anyone ever needed a vacation more than in 2020?! Travel plans have been shelved globally due to the Covid-19 pandemic, ironically, at a time…
With travelling abroad still proving very difficult, it opens your eyes to what’s on your doorstep. My advice? Use the current situation to your advantage…
The Legend Of Halong Bay The mysterious and awe-inspiring Halong Bay, like much of South East Asia, is shrouded in myth and legend. So it…
My name is Ryan Cook and I am the founder of Travel With Cooky. I am a travel enthusiast sharing my top travel tips and destination reviews helping you to travel more for less.
Please reference our online safety tips for general tips and techniques you should keep in mind to protect yourself and your privacy online. Additional information is also available about identifying and reporting suspected Human Trafficking.
You are viewing cached results from https://travelwithcooky.com/costa-del-where/