While hiking, listening to nothing but the sounds of nature can be super relaxing and calming. However, we know that hiking solo can sometimes feel a bit lonely. Music is an excellent form of company, and busting out some upbeat tunes on your hike or walk can give you the energy you need to go for miles. Moreover, enjoying your favorite songs can actually enhance your hiking experience more than silence can. This is why we created this list so you can find the best music for hiking.
You’ll also find hiking music playlists at the end of the post.
Top 100 Hiking Songs of All Genres
Listening to the same playlist over and over again can feel boring and stale. If you’re looking for inspiration to create a new playlist of hiking music, look no further. No matter your music taste, you’ll find some motivating and uplifting hiking songs in our expansive list of the best music for hiking, both new and old.
- Old Pine – Ben Howard
- Follow The Sun – Xavier Rudd
- Ophelia – The Lumineers
- After The Storm – Mumford & Sons
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers
- On Top Of The World – Imagine Dragons
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Take Me Home Country Road – John Denver
- Walk On The Wild Side – Lou Reed
- Machu Picchu – The Strokes
- Dancing In The Moonlight – Toploader
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence And The Machine
- Yellow Submarine – The Beatles
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5
- High and Dry – Radiohead
- First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Morning Song – The Lumineers
- Hold On We’re Going Home – Drake
- Princess of China – Coldplay & Rihanna
- Walk This Way – Run DMC feat. Aerosmith
- Empire State Of Mind – JAY-Z and Alicia Keys
- Waterfalls – TLC
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Part Of Me – Katy Perry
- Fourth Time Around – Bob Dylan
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Jack Johnson – Better Together
- Naive – The Kooks
- Spirit Bird – Xavier Rudd
- Road To Zion – Damien Marley & Nas
- One Day – Matisyahu
- The Truth – James Blunt
- Kids – One Republic
- West Coast – Imagine Dragons
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- One Year Older – Caj Morgan
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- Maps – Maroon 5
- Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
- Marry Me – Train
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Closer – The Chainsmokers
- I Feel It Coming – The Weeknd & Daft Punk
- See You Again – Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
- Good Life – OneRepublic
- Adventure of a Lifetime – Coldplay
- Jumpin’, Jumpin’ – Destiny’s Child
- Barcelona – Ed Sheeran
- Hold Back The River – James Bay
- Keep Your Head Up – Ben Howard
- Sigh No More – Mumford & Sons
- Apologize – OneRepublic
- One Dance – Drake
- Take Me To Church – Hozier
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers
- Without You – Avicii & Sandra Cavazza
- Forever Young – Scott Fisher
- Hey, Soul Sister – Train
- Losing My Religion – R.E.M.
- Wanderlust – James Bay
- Rocket Man – Elton John
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
- All The Stars – Kendrick Lamar
- Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root
- Little Wings – Benjamin Mullins
- All The Small Things – Blink 182
- Dido – Thank You
- You Can’t Hurry Love – The Supremes
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston
- Daisies – Katy Perry
- All I Need – Mike Kelly
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Medication – Damian Marley & Stephen Marley
- I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
- Free Fallin’ – John Mayor
- Wasted – Tiesto & Matthew Koma
- Rolling In TheDeep – Adele
- Banana Pancakes – JackJohnson
- Wild & Free – Caj Morgan & Emma Svensson
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Who’s Lovin’ You – Jackson 5
- Walking Away – Craig David
- Roses – The Chainsmokers
- Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go – The Clash
- The Chain – Fleetwood Mac
- Come let go – Xavier Rudd
- Superheroes – The Script
- Rewrite The Stars – James Arthur & Anne-Marie
- Beautiful People – Ed Sheeran & Khalid
- Wildflower – 5 Seconds Of Summer
- The Nights – Avicii
- Dido – White Flag
- Fantasy – Mariah Carey
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Jammin – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
Best Spotify Hiking Playlists
If you’re looking for a ready-made mountain music playlist, you’ll find some great ones on Spotify. Curated Spotify playlists are a great way to discover new music and listen to genres you wouldn’t usually choose.
Here are our top 5 Spotify playlists containing the best music for hiking.
1. Hiking Playlist by Galen Havey
Perhaps the ultimate mountain music playlist, this collection features 222 superb hiking songs of all genres. Most are well-known, much-loved tracks, but with over 200 tunes, you’re bound to find a few new favorite hiking songs too. What’s more, you can use this playlist for multiple hikes as it contains a whopping 13 hours of hiking music.
2. Morning Hike by Playlist Pop
Want to connect with fellow long-term travelers? Join our Facebook group and the conversation.
PSSST. SafetyWing finally covers COVID. I’ve been using their Nomad Insurance since 2019. It’s the perfect solution for nomads like me. Don’t leave without your travel insurance.
This Spotify hiking playlist is full of feel-good chill indie/folk tracks perfect for but not limited to morning hikes. With 61 songs lasting over 4 hours, this is an ideal playlist for walks of most lengths.
3. Hiking Songs of The Great Outdoors
This hiking playlist from WildStray.com is a collection of songs perfect for hiking in the mountains or walking through the forest. The playlist contains mainly indie folk-influenced songs with a few oddballs thrown into the mix.
4. Hiking Music Playlist by Seal Network
This playlist is a collection of 47 relaxed yet motivating songs to walk and hike to. Most tracks are EDM and Deep House, containing the perfect beats for an energizing hike in the mountain or walk in the forest.
5. Travel & Adventure by The Folk Revival
This is a well-curated playlist to spark your wanderlust and adventurous side. Featuring mainly chilled but feel-good folk-pop music, such as The Lumineers, Caj Morgan, and Passenger, this 5-hour playlist will gear you up for exploring the wilderness. Moreover, at 5 hours, 30 minutes, this playlist is the perfect length to tackle that strenuous mountain hike you’ve had your eye on.
It’s vital to highlight the importance of staying aware of your surroundings when listening to music during solo hikes in secluded spots. Don’t have your music turned up so loud that you cannot hear what’s going on around you. Stay mindful of your environment while listening to your favorite hiking songs for a safer and more enjoyable hike.
Please reference our online safety tips for general tips and techniques you should keep in mind to protect yourself and your privacy online. Additional information is also available about identifying and reporting suspected Human Trafficking.
You are viewing cached results from https://abrokenbackpack.com/best-hiking-songs/